Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dreams Unlimited

Its funny how mind works, huh. One would always wish what one’s mind thinks is what one wants it to think. If I start talking about the dreams one can have, that would really strike some strings. Well, I am not a “mind reader”, but I guess if Darwin was right about human evolution, adaptation and perseverance, I think I could find many people connecting their stories and thoughts to mine. Anyways, I’m not going to tell any story this time. Stories give moral and I really don’t want anyone to follow my story’s “teachings”.


Interestingly, when I start dreaming, it’s like, I am a director of some movie or play. I mean my dream proceeds in different scenarios and locations. What amazes me how I find only familiar faces doing the “roles”. Even funnier thing is that even my “actors” in utter disguise are effortlessly recognizable (I know, it would make a crappy movie, if that’s what you are thinking). But seldom do I get to see a new movie in my dreams. Those rare moments would be: when I meet new people or get to know something about a known person which changes his/her “image” considerably in my mind.
In my opinion, dreams don’t just come like that. They do have a purpose, may be they bring to foreground the things one sometimes might ignore. It works for me. May be, the unconscious mind catches some details which the “busy” conscious mind might miss at first go. I think they also help people to introspect and realize their mistakes which when conscious, they would never do. May be that’s why we don’t really tell others about our dreams. Hai na?
Sadly, dreams are extremely short-lived. One tends to forget the dreams one gets, though they are such an integral part of one’s-self. I usually get up in the morning and write down “important points” about the interesting new dream I had the last night. Yeah, I know that’s a freaky thing to do. But I think that’s the only way one can get to know one’s dreams as no-one can recall dreams if asked about. And I think dreams really do tell one’s self a great deal about the true nature one has. I have learnt a lot about my self through my dreams and I intend to continue that in future too.



7 comments:

Abhay said...

Your analysis bout dreams is quite right (we'll talk bout them smday)...but u writing important points bout it when you wake up is something really hard to digest(now u r worrying my stomach!)...you've got very high adrenalin levels i guess...

हितेंद्र टोलिया said...

hehe ... yeah we will discuss this thing some day ... :)

Kehkasha said...

u hv a keen observation.

2 juz throw sum more lite, lemme tel u...basically dreams r of 3 types:
a. relating 2 dose situations n ppl whom v come across in our life...on daily basis.
b. dreams that bring out our subconscious state of mind...hence such dreams mite b surprisingly lil strange.
c. oracular dreams, wherein u mite c sumthn dat turns out true in future.

हितेंद्र टोलिया said...

thats known as a deja vu i guess ..

हितेंद्र टोलिया said...

i've had loads of them , freaky little buggers

Unknown said...

Okay, this happened when I was a high school kid, I watched a movie 'HellRaiser' (sick movie, plz dont watch :D); it was almost mid-night and believe me I could'nt sleep after watching it. I seemed to be going in and out of sleep but as soon as I would feel I was falling into slumber I would feel some presence in my room (I was Home Alone, by the way). I kept myself awake that night, watching comedies and playing games on my computer and everything went back to normal the next morning...
But the feeling was back the following night, I felt the Hell-Raiser entering the realms of my sleeping mind or should I call the sleepless one. I was dead terrified, but since I hadn't slept the last night, tonight I was sleepy (not tired enough to not dream, but sleepy). And then HE came...
I slept fitfully, but by the end of the dream I was so exasperated, believe it or not - I killed it... I killed him in my dreams, and he never returned... Was an awesome experience, and in the morning I was so happy with myself, I was smiling from ear to ear.
Till date I believe that dream somehow affected me deeply. I recognized the Hero within me... :)

हितेंद्र टोलिया said...

hey cool down ... this is a comment section :P hehe .... will have to now see this hellraiser